Linggo Ng Kalikasan
Catanduanes celebrate Linggo Ng Kalikasan on June 18-22, 2012.
Memento of the tree planting with Congressman Cesar V. Sarmiento, Former Cong. Neric Acosta and Governor Joseph C. Cua together with PENRO Ricardo B. Ramos, Jr. and CENRO Luvimindo F. Chioco and Chiefs of different agencies
Upland Development Program
List of Existing UDP Maintenance and Protection Projects
(Plantation Established in 2009)
List of Existing UDP Projects
Tree Planting Activity of DENR Catanduanes Personnel
Forest Management Section
Forestry Management Section is responsible in the forest protection, utilization of forest resources in titled private land; community based forest management program; reforestation activities and other related activities for forestry in the province of Catanduanes.
- Undertakes/implements projects for development and conservation of forest resources at community level;
- Implements/enforces laws, rules and regulations for the protection of the environment and conservation of forest resources;
- Conducts measurements, assessment and grading of timber and other forest resources;
- Maintains day-to-day data on forest resources condition;
- File cases in court for violations of forest laws;
- Undertake surveys of area covered by application for forest leases/ permits;
- Collects all accounts for fees due to the government from forest users;
- Initiates settlement of conflicts between and/or among users of forest resources;
- Forest Protection, Law Enforcement and utilization:
- Issuance of Tenurial Instruments/Permits - 31 application processed with final action.
- Reviews, assess and monitoring of compliance to agreements, permits - fourteen (14) tenurial instrument holders/permits/licenses/agreements monitored.
- Price monitoring of forest products/statistic
- Protects 36,121 hectares of untenured forestlands
- Monitoring of two entry points in Catanduanes
- Strengthening one Multi-Sectoral Protection Committee (MFPC) at all levels.
- Apprehension of illegal forest products - a total of 0.92 cubic meters apprehended for year 2010
- Four (4) cases filed in court in violation of P.D. 705
- Management of Forest Land and Forest Resources
- Provide technical assistance in the establishment and maintenance of mini-forest, road side planting and school beautification.
- Forest Development
- Establishment, maintenance and protection of forest plantation
- Produce forest tree seedlings for planting and distribution to LGUs and private individuals.
- A total 136,936 forest tree seedlings distributed as of December, 2011
- Community-Based Forest Management Program
- Assesses CBFMA holders
- A total of eight (8) awarded CBFMAs in the province of Catanduanes
- Evaluation and inventory of existing Certificate of Stewardship (CSC)
Protected Area and Wildlife Management Unit
- Responsible for formulating and recommending policies, guidelines, rules and regulations for the establishment and management of an integrated protected areas system such as national parks, wildlife sanctuaries and refuges, marine parks and biospheric reserves;
- Formulates and recommends guidelines, rules and regulations for the preservation of biological diversity, genetic resources and the endangered Philippine flora and fauna;
- Prepares an up-to-date listing of endangered Philippine flora and fauna and recommends a program of conservation and propagation of the same;
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of activities/projects related to environmental and protected areas and wildlife.
- Management and protection of 26,010 hectares of the Proclaimed Catanduanes Watershed Forest Reserve (CWFR) in the province of Catanduanes
- Management and operationalization of PAMB.
- Nature conservation, Education and Extension.
- Biodiversity conservation program
- Cave management, protection and conservation
- Wildlife conservation and protection
- Wetland conservation - monitored 2 wetlands priorities at Agojo, San Andres and San Pedro, Panganiban, Catanduanes.
- Marine turtles monitor (tagged & release)
Coastal and Marine Management Section
- Management of Coastal and Marine Management
- Provision of Technical assistance in the development and operationalization of Integrated Coastal Management (ICM) Plan.
- Conservation, restoration, rehabilitation and management of mangrove areas.
- ICM orientation/training and municipal water deli neation.
- Conduct of International Coastal Clean-up
Land Management Section
- Issues survey order/authority to conduct isolated surveys;
- Accepts public land applications, conducts investigations, appraisal and processes the application; and
- Issues Certificate of Acceptability of cadastral survey returns.
- Land disposition/Distribution of Free Patent - 16 patent issued.
- Patent Processing - A total of 236 patents with a total of 327.2300 hectares process for CY-2010
- Titling of School Sites -11 Draft Proclamation reviewed and endorsed to Region
- Management of Foreshore areas - 4 applications reviewed/endorsed to Regional Office wit an area of 21.897 square meters.
- Resolution of Land Disputes/Cases - 4 cases resolved and 3 land cases investigated
Support to Operations
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of ENR polices, plans, programs and project – 3 ENR projects monitored and evaluated/support to APA.
- Provides advice on personnel policy and administration;
- Develops and implements the approved program on personnel requirements, selection, placement, training, career and employee development, performance rating and other related matters in the PENR/CENR Offices;
- Assist the PENRO/CENRO in evaluating the performance of personnel to determine efficient and effectiveness;
- Directs and supervises the management of office records;
- Supervises the procurement, distribution and storekeeping of property, supplies and equipments of the office;
- Maintains and keeps plantilla of personnel and other personnel records;
- Supervises the transportation, messengerial and mail services and maintenance and security of office building and its premises;
- Examines and certifies traveling expenses, vouchers, payrolls for salaries and wages, vouchers for payment of supplies and materials and other claims for administrative expenses;
- Implements an efficient and effective work flow of internal and external correspondences